Heart friendly foods
Heart Friendly foods:
Heart disease is most common in modern life, so, we need to know everything regarding heart disease and how to prevent it. There are lot of heart friendly foods which can prevent your lot of heart diseases and complications, lets know about Heart diseases, Triggering factors, Test, Preventions and heart freindly foods.
Cardiovascular diseases (CVD)
- Coronary Heart disease
- Stroke- Stroke Strokes are caused by disruption of the blood supply to the brain.
- Other cardiovascular diseases- Other cardiovascular diseases Tumors of the heart; vascular tumors of the brain; disorders of heart muscle (cardiomyopathy); heart valve diseases; disorders of the lining of the heart.
- Hypertensive heart disease
- Inflammatory heart disease
- Rheumatic heart disease-. Rheumatic heart disease Damage to the heart muscle and heart valves from rheumatic fever.
- Peripheral arterial disease
- Deep venous thrombosis (DVT) and pulmonary embolism
- Blood clots
- High blood pressure
- High blood cholesterol
- Overweight/ obesity
- Physical inactivity
- Medicines – thalidomide, warfarin.
Test of Heart Diseases:
- Electrocardiogram (ECG)- Electro-Cardio-Gram.
- Holter monitoring.
- Stress test-ETT
- Cardiac catheterization.
- Cardiac computerized tomography (CT) scans.
- Cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (MRI
Prevention & Treatment:
- Modifications of Lifestyle: Heart friendly foods, eating a low-fat and low-sodium foods, at least 30 minutes exercise every day.
- Medications: As per your Physicians advise.
- Medical procedures or surgery: When Doctor advice.
Heart Friendly foods:
- Low-fat dairy products, such as skim or low-fat (1%) milk, yogurt and cheese
- Fish, especially fatty, cold-water fish, such as salmon
- Skinless poultry
- Soybeans and soy products, such as soy burgers and tofu
- Lean ground meats
- Olive oil
- Canola oil
- Vegetable and nut oils
- Margarine, trans fat free
- Cholesterol-lowering margarine
- Nuts, seeds
- Whole wheat flour
- Whole oats/oatmeal
- Whole-grain corn/corn meal
- Brown rice
- Whole-grain rye
- Whole-grain barley
- Wild rice
- Buckwheat/buckwheat flour
- Bulgur (cracked wheat)
Fruits: Berries, Apples, Banana, Apricots, Cantaloupe, Oranges, Grapefruits, Kiwi, Papaya, Peaches, Guava.
Vegetables: Tomatoes, Garlic, Green Vegetables, Broccoli, Asparagus, Bell Peppers, Onions, Potatoes, Squash.
Prevention of heart diseases is very much possible by maintaining Treatment, Food habit, Exercise and tension free life.
Ref-National Institutes of Health National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute NIH Publication No. 06–5716.Tags: Best foods for heart, Food for heart, Heart dietting, Heart diseases, Heart Healthy diet, Heart healthy foods, Prevention of heart disease