Cancer and Cancer Fighting Foods
Cancer and Cancer Fighting Foods
Cancer is a group of diseases involving abnormal cell growth with the potential to invade or spread to other parts of the body. These contrast with benign tumors, which do not spread to other parts of the body. Over 100 types of cancers affect humans. Lets know-Cancer-Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment, Prevention and friendly foods or Foods that fight against cancer .
- Fatigue: Feel weak or very tired
- Bowel habits can changes
- Eating Problems: Appetite may changes, discomfort after eating and difficulties in swallowing.
- Changes: Skin-New mole or exiting mole and sore which does not heal easily.
- Breast: Size or shape of breast or nipple and also change in texture of breast skin.
- A lump or thickening under the skin.
- Urination- Blood in urine and Pain/ Difficulties during urination.
- Weight Changes: Gain or loss for unknown causes.
- Unexpected symptoms: Abdominal pain, Night sweating, Vaginal Bleeding, Blood in stool and urine.
Cancer Detection and Diagnosis:
- PET Scanning
- Spiral Computerized Tomography- CT
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging –MRI
- Needle Biopsies
- Pathological Tests.
Many types of cancer treatment are available now which are: Early diagnosis is important
- Radiation Therapy
- Immunotherapy to Treat Cancer
- Targeted Therapy
- Hormone Therapy
- Stem Cell Transplant
- Precision Medicine
- Obesity and dieting –red meat vs fruits and vegetables
- Less exercise
- Carcinogenic workplace
- Viruses- Hepatitis-human papillomavirus
- Family history
- Body shape and size- Bigger and taller peoples has more chances
- Huge Alcohol consumptions
- Reproductive factors- Early periods, late menopause, late or no childbearing
- Unhygienic life style
- Excessive exposure of sun
- Polluted Environment
- Medication- Medical procedures, Drugs.
- Salt, Food additives and contaminants.
Source: “Harvard Report on Cancer Prevention, Vol. I: Causes of Human Cancer” (1996), Vol. 7, pp. 53–55.
Preventions: prevention is the best medicine-
- Avoid tobacco
- Eat properly.
- Exercise regularly.
- Stay lean.
- If you choose to drink, limit yourself to one to two drinks a day.
- Avoid unnecessary exposure to radiation.
- Avoid exposure to industrial and environmental toxins
- Avoid infections that contribute to cancer,
- Consider taking low-dose aspirin.
- Get enough vitamin D. Many experts now recommend 800 to 1,000 IU a day.
Cancer Preventive foods:
- Garlic- stops growth of Breast, Lung, Brain, Pancreatic, Prostatic, stomach and childhood brain cancers.
- Stop growth of various cancers- Ginger, Leeks, Yellow and green onions, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, Cauliflower, Kale, Red cabbage and curly cabbage, Green beans, Red and Yellow tomatoes, Asparagus, radishes, Bean sprouts, Mushrooms, Peas.
- Lemon or Lime- Reduce the risk of esophageal cancer.
- Blueberries, Kiwi fruits, Apples, Grapefruits, Pomegranate juice, Cherries- Huge anti-oxidants fight against cancer cells.
- Fish- Salmon, Mackerels, halibut, sardines, Shrimp, scallops and Tuna- contains omega-3 fatty acids which prevent cancers.
- Green Tea and coffee
- Salads- Avocado, Sprinkle scallions, Carrots,
- BBQ corn
- Whole egg.
Prevention and control of cancer depend on early detections and diagnosis, so, any unexpected above mentioned changes must be take in your serious care and meet with your physicians and inform openly for better living.Tags: Anti-cancer food, Cancer, Cancer and Nutritions, Cancer sign, Diagnosis of Cancer, Food what prevents cancer